Friday, October 17, 2008

And then I am blessed...

Get out your tissues...

I had to share what my son did to bless me just a few moments ago.

I went to change Jack's diaper (and we all know what a blessing that is), and he kept pointing at me saying, "Twee, twee." But I had no idea what he was talking about. So in an effort to understand him, I leaned into him so he could touch what he was pointing at. He touched the flower (dandylion) that Caleb had given me that I was wearing behind my ear. I said, "Oh, the flower...yes, I suppose that is a tiny tree." He looked me right in the eyes and very meaningfully said, "Pwee twee." To which I replied, "Yes, Jack, that is a very pretty tree."



It was the first time he put two words together and I understood what he was saying. It was very sweet.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Cherish those moments! They go by so very quickly. You are so blessed.

Kirsten said...

How sweet! Aaliyah said "goo goh" (good goat) after she fed the goats at Walden Farm on Sat. I was quite surprised.
BTW...Check out my latest post...you've been tagged. :)

knappmom3 said...

Those are tender moments indeed.